- Long answer: White Europeans decided to colonize the rest of the world. They enslaved, massacred, segregated, displaced, tortured, disenfranchised, and raped other racial groups. They stole land, resources, and art. They put other races in zoos and death camps. They destroyed written and pictorial history. They suppressed the religions of other races. They dehumanized us. They refused to teach the history of these atrocities in their schools. They refused to acknowledge the achievements of other races. They used the theory of their racial superiority as their excuse. All social institutions reflect this history. All affected racial groups are still feeling the aftereffects of this. So it tends to come up a lot.
- Short answer: Please shut up.
- White people: We don't want any black people in our clubs, bars, parties, restaurants, schools, government, banks, neighborhoods, or offices
- Black people: Well fuck ya'll then. We can go start our own shit that's just for black people and nobody else.
- White people: ......
- White people: Wow, excluding people based solely on their skin color? That's really racist and I am personally offended. How would you feel if we did that to you?
People with higher self-esteem report having longer and more fulfilling relationships.